Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Potter's Hand


This is my very own experience after finished my art work and God spoke to me through Genesis.

Genesis 1: 27 ~ So God created human beings in His own image. In the image of God he created them: male and female he created them.

It is not easy for me to mold the clay into flower or animal figure yet it is not perfect at all. When I think back how I started to mold these in clumsy way, then I started to imagine how was God's feeling when He was creating the earth, day and night, sky and land, the sun and the moon, animals and plants, , and finally Adam and Eve.

It took me a few attempts to shape the animals figure or the morning glory as I am not skillful enough. I was thinking, this simple cartoon, without life, without internal parts also took me such a long time. I can now imagine how God created a single cell, combined it into a tissue, then organs then bone, nerve and blood vessel, muscle, covered with fine skin, then shaped the eyes, ears, nose, mouth and fashioned us with hairs. This is spectacular!

God created Man and Woman last. In fact He created man first then woman (so woman is the last). But this doesn't mean man nor woman are less important. In fact, He has created everything, felt satisfy but not complete. After so many pieces of work. I bet when He creates man, His skill will be so good and fine. Furthermore, only human being is shaped according to God's image - the perfect image.

When I finished molding a pair of bears, I did felt something missing. Of course the bears are cute but not completed until I enhanced it with some ribbons . Then again I imagine when God created man, He felt good but not perfect. Finally after He finished the creation of woman, He must had took a few seconds, looked around once again and amazed with His own work and says : " Phew~..Wow~.. this is very good ! "

Genesis 1:31 ~ Then God looked over all he had made, and he saw that it was very good!

I'd read Genesis plenty of times, but didn't have such a strong feel about how God created all of us until now when I finally has a chance to be a potter, the words become so alive for me to understand. Mine is just a tiny minor project while God's piece of work is splendid!

We, human being has such privilege to be loved and treasured by our heavenly Father, God of all creation. How possible that some people still believe that human is evolved from monkey? This is a total humiliation to God's creation.

Scientists can discover new findings about every cell, or animal or produced great studies or journal about human body. Some even started to clon animals or human through a cell.
But one thing for sure, they could not invent nor create life. Because, only God can give a breath to every single human being.

Genesis 2:7 ~ Then the Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground. He breathed the breath of life into the man's nostrils, and the man become a living person.

No comments: