Monday, June 23, 2008

Coffee, Tea or God ? ?


Coffee, a widely-consumed stimulant beverage that many people could not live without. I’d seen people who cannot start their day without coffee. They feel down, reckless until they finally take a sip of this strong aroma, powerful drink. For some people, the urge of drinking coffee is so strong that without coffee, they can’t concentrate or focus at all. Can I consider this as “addicted” to coffee?

Tea, that I meant here is not the beverage itself but is about the “Yum Cha” culture in Malaysia. “Yum Cha” means drinking tea or should be interpreted as drinking tea during supper time has become a trendy culture in the society. I still remember when I first stepped into University and telling my friends that I’d never “Yum Cha” during my high school period, they laughed at me. Soon, I’m some sort addicted to such a culture too. Try to make it every night without failed. Luckily, it did not last long.

I won’t describe any further about coffee or tea as they are not my main concern here. What I wish to say is about my God and Jesus Christ, above all the addiction stated above. Some people can spend hours to brew a cup of nice coffee yet no time to pray. Some people can steal a few hours every night to go “Yum Cha” yet no time to spend just 15 or 30 min to chat with God. Some people tells me that they love God, but when their obsession on coffee start to haunt them, all that is in their mind is “coffee~~ coffee~~I need coffee”.

Well, don’t get me wrong. I don’t mean that drinking coffee or go to “Yum Cha” is wrong. I just mean that sometime this habit may distract our focus on God if the habit has became much more important than seeking God. Coffee and tea here are just an example. The distraction could be in other form such as music, movie, drama, games, sports, clubbing etc. Of course we can enjoy all these as it is part of God’s creation too but with terms and conditions which is God First.

I wish one day, I could be addicted. I want to be “Jesus Addict”. Perhaps I’m already is as I know I could not live without Jesus. And I would wake up every morning yelling

Jesus~~Jesus~~ I need Jesus”. It is He alone that can give me strength, courage and above all, Life.

He is my shelter, my shield, my portion, my deliverer, my strong tower, my very present help in time of need.

*p.s: Lastly, if you ask me coffee, tea or God ? No doubt, 101% answer is GOD.
Because I don’t drink coffee or tea as I only drink Milo. phew~~luckily.. :p


5 comments:

sEnGz said...

Wow, I was just bout to comment bout ur previous posts and suddenly as I refresh the page, a new post comes out. Hehe....

Looks like I'm the first reader. Haha...

Nice post, made me think awhile too bout addiction. Lolx, although I'm working in a white coffee, I factory, I'm not addicted to it yet. Hehe...

Glad to hear you are holding on so strongly to God! Ur lifestyle is really a testimony and motivation unto both Christians and non-Christians. God bless!! =)

joshyeah said...

be Jesus freak!!yo!!!

sing said...

ya..we were such a nice girls lastime huh..can't believe it..but WE WERE mah!!!

Anonymous said...

woi....why oh u....coffee tea or God....ahahhahaha...

okla...shows how God should be as relatable to us as possible ya? Thank God also that i only drink MILO also...muahahaha

High 5 couz!

Malicious said...

Coffee, tea, or me? :)

Oops, I should be saying this to my gf instead, haha!