Monday, June 30, 2008

My Healing Testimonial

This is my testimonial on how God healed me from a cut in my throat. It was on Thursday night that I being cut by a sharp prawn’s tail in my inner throat. . I felt a sudden pain in my throat which is hardly to be described.

I struggled with the pain for more than 24 hours. I was frustrated and thinking perhaps this time, I really need to consult a doctor else I might get infection from the cut.

On Friday night, I couldn't stand the pain anymore. As I sat down and prayed, I ask God for healing. To be honest, I was praying in doubt. I was kinda persuading God to heal me as I laid hand on my neck and said, "ok Lord Jesus, could you please heal me? How about when I remove my hand from my neck and the pain suddenly gone? Let's count 1.. 2.. 3.. ok?"

So silently, I counted 1.. 2.. 3.. in my heart. Then follow by a longer silent. I took a try to swallow my saliva and... ouch....the pain is still there.

I was bit down and disappointed. I thought God always heal? Then how come the miracle didn’t happen? So I sat there quietly, trying to listen to God’s voice. I heard, patient, patient. Suddenly I realize that I shall not question God’s ability. He can always heal but in His timing, not mine. So once again, I surrender myself and apologize for my rudeness. I prayed that God will uphold me and heal me in the way He wants it to be. I prayed that He will restore me while sleep.

The next morning, I woke at 5:30am for my morning prayer. As I gave thanks to my heavenly Father for a new day, I suddenly realize the pain was gone. Not even I can feel a mild discomfort in my throat.

The pain in TOTALLY GONE !

My mind was a little bit blank at that moment as I had never ever experienced such a healing from God’s. I was astonished. I was overjoyed. The joy is indescribable.
Spectacular!
Some people might laugh at me right now as you might think this is such a small matter. To me, it is a miracle that proves God is real. We always thought that miracle means something great, huge and only happen during very serious or dangerous situation. This is a wrong concept. The miracle of God’s power is happening everyday, everywhere. It can be on you and me as long as we have faith in Him.

Sometime, the insignificant things happened around us may not seem great yet it is a plan from God. If we are more focus in Him and seeks Him always, we will realize that God is trying to brighten our days with all these tiny yet wonderful blessing. For sure, this glory belongs to Him alone.

My prayer of thanks:

Father in heaven, I am really thankful for such a great experience from you. As I walk on my journey, I see You there right beside me. You hold my hand and lead me all along the way. Sometime, it might be difficult for me to understand Your plan, then I slumber, I doubt and walk away from you. Yet, You never let me go. Thank you for your healing as this is a nutrient for my spiritual life to continue grows and blossom.
Amen.

No comments: